Porcelain Veneers in Seattle, WA
Everyone wants a movie star smile, but few people are born with perfectly symmetrical and radiant teeth. Even for folks who do have naturally beautiful teeth, lifestyle factors can affect the color, shape, and condition of one’s teeth over time. Fortunately, improving the beauty of your smile can be easy and convenient with cosmetic dental treatments like dental veneers. At Junction Dental in Seattle, Dr. Iversen and his compassionate team can help you achieve the smile of your dreams in a professional, comfortable environment. Here’s what you should know about how dental veneers can benefit you before scheduling your free consultation.
We Love Seeing Our Community Smile
Schedule an appointment today for the dental care you deserve
Overview of Dental Veneers
Veneers are thin porcelain shells that are used to cover and alter the aesthetics of a person’s smile. They are custom-made and bonded to the enamel of the person’s tooth. An ideal candidate for dental veneers would be someone with good natural enamel on their teeth who is experiencing a minor aesthetic concern, such as the shade, size, or shape of the tooth. Someone with poor oral health, such as uncontrolled cavities, gum disease, or is prone to heavy teeth grinding, would not be a good candidate for dental veneers. At Junction Dental, we are proud to use porcelain veneers, which are beautiful, natural-looking, and strong.
Dental veneers can offer many benefits, including:
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
- Improving your oral health
- Being a less-invasive option than full dental crowns
- Boost self-confidence
Porcelain Veneer Procedure
Having dental veneers placed in your mouth is a simple, pain-free process that takes place over the course of two dental appointments. Here’s what you can expect:
- At your first appointment, Dr. Iversen will prepare your teeth by removing a small amount of enamel, then scanning them to create an impression. This impression will be sent to a local dental lab where your veneers will be fabricated. In some cases, 1 & 2 veneers can be created and placed in a single visit, depending on the condition of your mouth. For patients who will require 2 appointments, a temporary veneer will be placed in your mouth until the permanent one is ready.
- Once your permanent veneers are complete, Dr. Iversen will remove your temporary veneers and place the permanent ones in your mouth, being sure to trim and adjust them to ensure the perfect size, shape, and fit. A follow-up appointment may be required to make any necessary adjustments.
How to Care for Dental Veneers
It’s important to care for your dental veneers to ensure they stay strong and beautiful for years to come. The best way to accomplish this is by practicing excellent oral hygiene habits, avoid biting hard things, don’t clench or grind your teeth, and visit the dentist twice a year for routine check-ups.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Much like dental crowns, dental veneers can stay in good condition from 7 to 20 years depending on your lifestyle and oral health habits.
Porcelain Veneers Cost in Seattle
The cost of your porcelain veneers will depend on your dental insurance coverage. Please contact our West Seattle Dentistry for more information on what your dental insurance includes.
Improve Your Smile at Junction Dental with Porcelain Veneers in Seattle
If you’re looking to improve your oral health, boost your self-confidence, and restore the beauty of your smile, Junction Dental can help. Dr. Iversen and his trusted team are here to educate you on the benefits of porcelain veneers as well as provide a smooth, comfortable cosmetic dental experience from start to finish. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. We can’t wait to give you a reason to share your smile with the world!